Curb Appeal Is Key
Curb appeal remains the standard. A Michigan State University study estimated that good landscaping adds 6 percent to 11 percent to the eventual sales price of a home.
Ways to Spruce Up Your Listing’s Curb Appeal
- Make it green.
- Trim trees and shrubbery. Overgrown branches hide a home’s good looks.
- Mulch everything. Mulch gives flowerbeds visual appeal.
- Edge the flowerbeds so everything look neat.
- Powerwash the siding, sidewalks and patios to get rid of all the winter grunge.
- Plant a garden to brighten up the look.
- Ensure both the front door and storm door are in good condition
Daily Real Estate News | April 6, 2009